I don’t know about you guys, but I’m a huge fan of quick, convenient breakfast options. After all, breakfast is the best meal of the day…
So I had to share these Banana Berry Oatmeal Bites from one of my favorite food blogs: Domesticate Me.
These tasty bites are perfect for a quick breakfast on-the-go, but they would also be a great snack to bring out to the crag.
Try them out and let me know what you think!
Banana Berry Oatmeal Bites
Recipe and photo courtesy of Serena Wolf from Domesticate Me
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or berries of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place the banana in a large bowl and mash well with a fork.
- Add the almond milk, egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, lemon zest and juice, and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredient to the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the oatmeal mixture into the prepared mini muffin tin. Filling the wells almost to the top. You should have enough oatmeal for 20 bites.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the oatmeal has set and the tops of the bites are lightly browned. (At this point you can simply let your bites cool, but I like to sprinkle the bites with a little brown sugar and then pop them under the broiler for a couple minutes until they get nicely browned and crispy on top.)
- Let the bites cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm OR carefully transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely and then refrigerate/freeze in an airtight container until you’re ready to eat.