I know. I know. You’re probably sick of all the breakfast recipes that I keep posting, but I’m just gonna keep posting them!
If you’re looking for an inexpensive and quick breakfast, then you should definitely try this slow cooker Blueberry Coconut Rice Porridge.
Just toss the ingredients in a slow cooker and let them cook while you sleep. Then, you can wake up the next morning to a nice hot meal, and get on with your day.
Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
Blueberry Coconut Rice Porridge
Aicacia Young, RD, LD
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or other berry of choice)
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp or chia or ground flax seeds
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove cinnamon stick, if using, and enjoy.
- Add your favorite nut butter or protein powder for extra protein
- Make with apples or pears instead of blueberries and coconut