Cherries are finally back in season! Hallelujah!
If you’re looking for a way to cool off this summer, check out these yummy coconut milk popsicles made with fresh cherries.
Cherries are awesome because they contain anthocyanins – antioxidants that can reduce migraines, pain, and inflammation in your body. Cherries also contain melatonin, which can improve your body’s circadian rhythm (or internal clock).
So if you’re having trouble sleeping or dealing with any aches or pains, then don’t miss out on the benefits of cherries this summer! Eat them straight from the bag, or make them into these yummy frozen popsicles 🙂
Coconut Cherry Vanilla Popsicles [Vegan] [Paleo]
by Aicacia Young, RDN
Makes 4-6 popsicles
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1 cup of fresh, pitted cherries
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp of maple, brown rice, or tapioca syrup (optional)
- Popsicle molds or small solo cups and popsicle sticks
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds or tiny solo cups with popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Run water over the molds or cups to release popsicles, and enjoy!
- Add 1 Tbsp lime juice instead of vanilla for a cherry limeade flavor
- Add 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder or chocolate protein powder for a chocolate-covered cherry flavor
- Add other fruits like pineapple, peaches, berries or bananas for a more tropical flavor