If breakfast is your biggest struggle in the mornings, then this recipe is for you – unless you don’t eat eggs… in which case, this is not for you. Sorry.
But for all you egg-eaters out there, these Crustless Mini Quiches are great breakfast options to prepare in advance, so you can just grab and go on your way out the door. They’re easily portable, not messy, and kid-friendly, so you should definitely try them.
This recipe can be made without meat, for the ovo-vegetarians in the house (vegetarians that eat eggs), and the meat eaters can add any meat they like.
Meat eaters, you can either dice your meat and sprinkle it into each cup, or you can use ham or bacon to line the muffin tin and serve as a meat cup. Your choice!
Crustless Mini Quiches [Paleo] [Vegetarian]
Recipe courtesy of Nutritional Wisdom
- 6 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked, diced ham, bacon, pork sausage, chicken sausage, or meat substitute (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup fresh or frozen greens (kale, spinach, collards, etc.)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Saute onion, bell pepper, tomato, and greens in coconut oil over medium heat. Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Add S&P. Stir in sauteed veggies.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way to the top (makes 6 large or 12 small quiches).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes for small or 15-20 minutes for large quiches. You may need to check on the quiches at the end to make sure they are cooked through.
- Pop out and let cool. Serve immediately or refrigerate for a grab-and-go treat!
Additional recipe ideas:
- Green onion, organic ham, collards
- Roasted red pepper, onion, garlic, sauteed chard, asparagus
- Green chile, bacon, green onion, tabasco
- Spinach, sun dried tomato, black olive, oregano, garlic
- Roasted red pepper, shallot, spinach, kale, Buddy’s sausage