Looking for a new dinner recipe? Change up your typical dinner routine with this light and flavorful soba noodle bowl.
This gluten-free noodle bowl with roasted cauliflower provides a total of 52 grams of carbohydrates (from the buckwheat noodles, cauliflower, and hemp seeds) and 10 grams of protein from the hemp seeds, making this a great meal for training days.
Check out Serena’s beautiful food blog, and try this tasty dish over the weekend!
Ginger Scallion Soba Noodles with Roasted Cauliflower
Recipe and photo courtesy of Serena from DomesticateMe
- 1 small head cauliflower, florets removed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp plus ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey (or maple)
- ½-1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how much heat you like)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions, white and light green parts only (about 4 scallions)
- 6 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp toasted hemp or sesame seeds
- ½ lime, juiced (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange the cauliflower on a large baking sheet in an even layer. (I like to line my baking sheet with foil for easy cleaning, but you do you.)
- Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes until tender and lightly browned. Set aside until ready to use.
- Place the ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, crushed red pepper and scallions in a small bowl.
- Whisk to combine. Let the sauce stand for 10-15 minutes to allow all the flavors to mingle.
- Moving on to the soba noodles! Bring about 8 cups of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for 3-5 minutes until just tender. (The cooking time will vary based on your noodles. Check the directions on the package, but start testing your noodles about 1 minute before the suggested cooking time. They can overcook quickly!)
- Strain the soba noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer the soba noodles to a large bowl. Add the roasted cauliflower, cilantro, hemp/sesame seeds and ginger-scallion mixture. Toss to combine. (I actually find it easiest to do this with my hands…)
- Squeeze the lime over your soba noodles before serving.