I don’t know about you guys, but I’m kind of in love with shrimp… I like most seafood, but shrimp has always been one of my favorite seafood options – besides crawfish, of course! Geaux Tigers 😉
So just in case any of you share my love for shrimp, I thought I should share this super yummy shrimp skewer recipe from SkinnyTaste! Summer is almost upon us, which means barbecues, lake days, and sunburns.
So if you’ve got a potluck to attend or a grill to break in, then be sure to give this recipe a go.
Grilled Pesto Shrimp Skewers
Photo and recipe courtesy of Gina Homolka from SkinnyTaste
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano or nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 7 wooden skewers
- In a food processor pulse basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing.
- Combine raw shrimp with pesto and marinate a few hours in a bowl.
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 20 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step).
- Thread shrimp onto 7 skewers.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-low heat until hot. Be sure the grates are clean and spray lightly with oil.
- Place the shrimp on the hot grill and cook until shrimp turns pink on the bottom, about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn and continue cooking until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.