In case you haven’t noticed, I’m obsessed with smoothie bowls. Why put a smoothie in a bowl, you ask? Great question.
Smoothie bowls are typically thicker than smoothies, and thus harder to drink through a straw. Plus, the best part of smoothie bowls is adding way too many amazing toppings like cacao nibs (my favorite), shredded coconut, chopped nuts, chia seeds, fresh fruit, etc.
So when I saw this BEAUTIFUL Matcha-Colada Smoothie Bowl from Serena of the Domesticate Me blog, I just HAD to share it with you guys 😀
Matcha-Colada Smoothie Bowl
Photo and recipe courtesy of Serena Wolf from Domesticate Me
Makes 1 smoothie bowl
- 1½ cups frozen pineapple
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1 cup greens of your choice (I like a baby kale mix, but spinach or regular old kale are also great.)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (The kind in the carton, not the can.)
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice (optional)
- Sliced bananas
- Toasted Coconut
- Goji berries
- Chopped almonds
- Hemp seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth. This can be a little tricky because this is a THICK smoothie.
- Take your time, and be patient with the blender.
- If you have a Vitamix, put that big black plunger thing to work and stir as you blend.
- If you don’t have a Vitamix, you may need to stop the blender a few times and stir things with a spatula.
- Pour the smoothie out into a bowl and add toppings of your choice.