In case you haven’t noticed, I’m obsessed with smoothie bowls. Why put a smoothie in a bowl, you ask? Great question.
Smoothie bowls are typically thicker than smoothies, and thus harder to drink through a straw. Plus, the best part of smoothie bowls is adding way too many amazing toppings like cacao nibs (my favorite), shredded coconut, chopped nuts, chia seeds, fresh fruit, etc.
So when I saw this BEAUTIFUL Matcha-Colada Smoothie Bowl from Serena of the Domesticate Me blog, I just HAD to share it with you guys 😀
Try it for breakfast over the weekend, and let me know how you like it! Also, be sure to follow Serena on Facebook and Instagram to see more of her beautiful creations.
Matcha-Colada Smoothie Bowl
Photo and recipe courtesy of Serena Wolf from Domesticate Me
Makes 1 smoothie bowl
- 1½ cups frozen pineapple
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1 cup greens of your choice (I like a baby kale mix, but spinach or regular old kale are also great.)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (The kind in the carton, not the can.)
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice (optional)
- Sliced bananas
- Toasted Coconut
- Goji berries
- Chopped almonds
- Hemp seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth. This can be a little tricky because this is a THICK smoothie.
- Take your time, and be patient with the blender.
- If you have a Vitamix, put that big black plunger thing to work and stir as you blend.
- If you don’t have a Vitamix, you may need to stop the blender a few times and stir things with a spatula.
- Pour the smoothie out into a bowl and add toppings of your choice.