Creating new recipes is one of my least favorite things in the entire world. It used to be part of my full-time job, and I hated doing it every week because I am just not that creative. So, now that I’m my own boss, I’m just going to share the awesome recipes that I find made by the creative and talented foodies out there. No need to reinvent the wheel, right?
This week’s recipe is a gorgeous potato salad from my childhood friend, Amanda Munden of Gouramanda. She creates these amazing recipes AND takes all of the gorgeous photos herself. I think she’s pretty great.
Pimentón Potato Salad
By: Amanda Munden of Gouramanda.com
- 1½ pounds new potatoes
- ¼ cup good dijon mustard
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or mayo substitute (such as veganaise)
- ⅓ cup pickle juice
- ¾ cup small dill pickles (such as cornichons), chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh dill, chopped
- 1½ Tbs pimentón (Spanish smoked paprika)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook new potatoes in a pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes, or until soft. Drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl (or the container you will use to store the potato salad) whisk together, dijon, mayonnaise (or mayo substitute) pickle juice, pimenton, salt and pepper.
- Mash in the cooled potatoes and mix, then fold in pickles, dill, and more pickle juice if necessary.
- Top with extra pimentón, dill, and pickles, and refrigerate. Serve cold!