It’s October! The leaves are changing, you’re getting outside to climb, girls are wearing tights as pants which drives you absolutely crazy (I do it all the time), and you’re craving pumpkin in all your food. So here is my obligatory pumpkin recipe for the month 🙂 I hope you all enjoy it for breakfast one morning before you go climbing in your tights!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Aicacia Young, RD, LD
- 1/2 cup canned or fresh pumpkin
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1/2 of one frozen banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high until banana is completely blended.
- Serve chilled.