I don’t know about you, but sometimes I get sick of my usual rest day snacks. No matter how yummy my snacks are, I crave variety. I am a millennial after all. What can you do?
If you’re looking for a new snack or quick breakfast on rest days, then I’d like to introduce you to these Tangy Coconut Lime Macaroons from Caroline of Colorful Eats Nutrition. If you’ve never tried a coconut macaroon before, prepare to be amazed!
These macaroons are packed with protein and fat, making them perfect snacks for rest days or easy breakfast options for training days.
What’s your favorite rest day snack?
Tangy Coconut Lime Macaroons
Photo and recipe courtesy of Caroline Potter from Colorful Eats Nutrition
Makes 18 macaroons
- 2 1/4 cups finely shredded coconut, dried and unsweetened
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, full fat & unsweetened
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, about 1 lime juiced
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk coconut, almond four, lime zest, and sea salt.
- Pour in the coconut milk, honey (or maple), and lime juice and mix together with a spatula.
- Using a cookie scoop (1 1/2 tbsp size), drop small macaroon balls onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes
- Allow macaroons to cool briefly and then transfer to refrigerator to cool for 1 hour before serving. Macaroons will firm up in the refrigerator turning into a dense coconut cookie.
- Macaroons are best served chilled. Enjoy!